View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

coopdeville:

As a T brancher you can absolutely volunteer for Aircrew. A few shipmates of mine went that route and they absolutely love it. You would request it either from the detailer or someone at the schoolhouse while you're in A-School.

As for CTR, the main difference between our rates is that CTT's focus on Electronic Intelligence (ELINT, AKA radars on ships, subs, aircraft, and missiles) where CTR's are more focused on Communications Intelligence (COMINT, radios and such). Both play HUGE roles in the intelligence community. I would say CTR's have a bit more flexibility in terms of different kinds of possible billets they can take, but if you're looking at aircrew, CTT would be the way to go. The only reason I say this is because as a CTT you would actually be part of the squadron whereas a CTR just shows up to fly when they're needed and aren't attached to the squadron fulltime.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else!

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote