Thread: Some questions
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
Navylogk

Navylogk is on a distinguished road

So these are a few good questions.
1. You will ship off all your electronics back home. Dont bring anything more than your cell. Because you will pay to ship and its based on the weight of your box.(side note, dont ship your important documents back home, ie birth cert, marriage lic, drivers lic) Once you graduate, and go off to your respective A-school, you can have them shipped to you. You will have an address. My wife met me at O'hare amd passed me my cell for my trip to Pensacola. A school they allow cells.

2. Dont worry for a second about any shots. Every Sailor before you has made it out alive.

3. Your religious medallion, it is ultimatly up to your divisional RDCs on what they will allow. I think it cant be larger than a dogtag.

4. You will get stationary and you can write letters. I wrote every night. After Taps, so it was on my own time. You stay very busy during the day. And on Sunday you have "holiday routine" which is a couple free hours to do what you need, ie polish boots, iron, write, study. Once that time was done that was our weekly shipment of outgoing mail. Incoming was almost daily. Oncw your family gets your graduation letter they will have your address.

5. I didnt take any meds at MEPS. but i cant speak for everyone

6.ASVAB was one of the first things i did after i met with my recruiter. Do well on this, your score determines your jobs you can choose from.