Thread: E-4 Advancement
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #7
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

As a CTR, you will be going through the beginners course. If you are top of your class, you may be able to get a slot in the intermediate course depending on how many spots are open and how many classes are open. For example I was top of class hoping for the intermediate course. They didn't have any openings and I was not able to score a spot. But, a few classes after me (graduated in less then half a month) were offered the intermediate course.

So try and be top of your class if you want additional schooling, because if a spot is open, you are more then likely going to get it. But if you aren't top of your class, and the spot does open up, then you might not get it. So its always better try your best.

Also, if you go to a ship, you will also need some extra training that they will give you here in pensacola for shipboard operations.

And like CTT1 mentioned, if Big Navy needs some sort of specific qualification, they might just throw you into that schooling.

And I didn't really see any 6y CTRs. Not to say they don't exist, I just didn't see any. I did see a good bit of 6y CTTs and ITs though.