View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
What are some duty stations that an IT could end up at? I have the 6yo contract so I will have a C school so I will have a bit more training under my belt. With this being said could your preference of duty station be more specific? Thank you for any input and words of advice!
IT's go EVERYWHERE, from shore, to sea, small boats to carriers, small comm stations to the the largest, they even have ITs in squadrons.

How you get to a particular station is more or less luck. I ended up going to NCTAMS PAC in Wahiawa HI right out of boot camp. Every IT class is different, I knew some classes their teacher told the recruiter to send EVERYONE to a ship, our class was based on class ranking.. the #1 person in the class got first pick out of all of the available orders. We had a lot of shore duties, admiral staffs.. but for me, I lucked out. The first half of the school was all computers which I ended up in the top 3. The second half was communications/satellites which I bombed.. and ended up dead last by the end of the school. The guy before me getting orders picked a ship out of Japan.. I went up to choose, and the detailer said "I'm sorry, ran out of orders" so after class I asked him what do I do, he asked me.. where do I want to go? I told him Hawaii or Iceland. He said he will see what he can do. A week later he said, I have orders to Guam, 2 years shore duty. I though, Guam, wtf is that? No thanks. A week later he came back and said, congratulations you are going to Hawaii. and my entire class hated me. lol

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote