Thread: Just graduated!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
ctraggie

ctraggie is on a distinguished road

Sue- Thank you. It's great to be back.

Xenon- I weighed in at 149 the morning I left for Boot Camp, and my final PFA weigh-in was at 148. Don't let that fool you, though. I lost about 2 inches on my waist and bulked up in my arms and chest, and got rid of all the fat on my legs and got them pretty well toned. PT at RTC is what you make of it. If you work your butt off, you'll see results. If you sit in the back and don't try, you'll wonder why everyone else around you is making so much more progress than you.

Craig- That's a pretty hard question. I had all of the information I needed, but I still felt shellshocked when I got there. There are just some things that you can't realize until you're thrown in to certain situations, and Boot Camp is full of them.

tomahawk- You deal very little with Officers while at RTC. Your RDCs are the ones I assume you're referring to, and mine were a particularly crazy bunch. One of my RDCs in particular is known around the base as being one of the toughest. I managed to get on his good side by being motivated and hard-working, and it really payed off. I was one of the 8 people in my division promoted by the RDCs because of my work ethic, so I guess you could say I got along with them pretty well. If you're worried about your RDCs, just give them all you've got and everything will work out.