View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #126
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Recently got this question in my inbox:

I went to the recruiter today and i am dead set on CTM but they said i need to be a little more open for them to send me to MEPS... I want to be in the CT field and i want to do hands on work... What does the CTT Rate do and what can you tell me?

Thank you
Alaina

======================================
As a T brancher, you're definitely going to be getting to do hands on work. If getting into the circuits and chasing wire's (as well as operating the Electronic Warfare suite) is something that you'd be interested in, then I would consider the AEF route in the CTT rate. AEF is for the 6yr contracts for Sailors that undergo additional months of technical training to be able to troubleshoot the internal electronics of our systems.

Even as just an operator tough, I was constantly working on everything from the circuit cards to our chaff launching system, to the antennas. So either way you go, you're going to be hands on with your equipment.

Overall, as a CTT in the AEF pipeline, you would be doing just as much tech work as a a CTM, just on a different system. The bonus of being a T branch tech though is that you get to actually operate the system you're working on. You'll not only be able to repair the equipment, but you'll also be involved in combat operations for the ship. CTM's don't really role in operating the equipment they repair or manning a combat related station.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote