View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 02:47 AM   #2
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengstad96 View Post
How's everyone doing? I got my rate today and am very happy. My question is how do you get involved on the green side? Ive done some reading on thr FMF and the SARC program. I see that it's not too hard to get picked up. Whats confusing is the pipeline.

Navy Hospital Corpsman "A" School [Fort Sam Houston, TX] (18 weeks)
Field Medical Training Battalion [Camp Pendleton, CA or Camp Lejeune, NC] (8 weeks)
Marine Basic Reconnaissance Course [Camp Pendleton, CA and Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, CA] (12 weeks)
Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) [Naval Air Station North Island, CA] (3 weeks)
USMC Combatant Diver Course [Panama City, FL] (8 weeks)
Army Basic Airborne Course [Fort Benning, GA] (3 weeks)
Army Special Operations Combatant Medic Course (SOCM) [Fort Bragg, NC] (26 weeks)
Navy Special Operations Independent Duty Corpsman Course (SOIDC) [Fort Bragg, NC] (24 weeks)

I dont get where that special combat training falls in. It says afterwards that you will get the chance for mountaineering, sniper school, etc. So where does Force Recon and MARSOC school go? Any advice would be much appreciated.
It's actually pretty hard to pick up for anything beyond 8404 straight out of A school these days, when I went through they didn't have any orders for anything SARC or SOCP for that matter. But times are changing with everything going on right now. If you want to go green, when you create your dream sheet just put FMTB for number 1 everything.
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote