View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Jazzy

Jazzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
HM can depend on a few things on what they do...basically you are the civilian side equivalent of a CNA, Certified Nurses Assistant..you take general medical information, temp, pulse, and write up the complaints. Hand out asprin or tylenol...if you choose as a male to be trained as a medic for a Marine unit to be deployed with them, you are much higher and do a lot of things an EMT would do to prepare an injured Marine or Soldier to be transported for sugery...my friends son was a navy HM medic with a Marine unit..he was killed in action. My nephew was a navy medic with a Marine unit and was blown up with an IED, and lost one leg...just know what you are getting into when you choose to go with a Marine unit.
Hey I know nothing about this post but I saw your post and just wanted to say thank you for showing the "other" side. Now things people just tell you the positive. They don't give you the full picture of how dangerous it could be so you can truly make a decision. Anyways... We need more to the point, down to earth people like you
Jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote