View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
jbpr77

jbpr77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
1st tour sailors usually are assigned to what we call "needs of the Navy", aka they put you where you're needed. Although if they've got enough people they can start being more flexible and you might be able to pick. It really just comes down to what rate you are and what that manning looks like. Some folks get to choose and others have their choices made for them. It's luck of the draw in most cases.

If you stick around for a 2nd enlistment, that's when you really get a lot more freedom in picking where you go.

/r
CTT1
Actually, I feel a little confused about which job I should select, the best job for my family and our future. Because this is a big change and I think this is the most challenging decision in our lives. I want to be a YNS with the hope that I can choose only one submarine class, SSBN, because this class does not deploy a long time such as other classes. Also I want to being on CT's community due to the greatest opportunities that I would have in the civil area. I read a lot of reviews in many articles about CT's jobs and school. People say that CTN and CTR school, JCAC, is one of the most hard Navy school and not many people can graduate from it. When I will go to MEPS, if I get a CTN job offer, can I choose CTN rate if I do not have any experience in a computer area?. Because that's my biggest concern about choosing this job which is very important in the Navy. I don't have computer knowledge, only the basic things as many people know, emails, search information, videos, Microsoft Word, etc. You know, all of us already have those basic knowledge. Also I read a little about it's study environment, closed classroom, all class materials stay on classroom not with you, you have little study and review time. Instead of brain, you need to have a computer!. How difficult it's this school for someone who does not have previous experience in the area?.

Regards,

JGB
jbpr77 is offline   Reply With Quote