View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #2
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGladhill View Post
Just looking for some basic info to be clarified, in the description of CTM it says:

I just wanted to know abouts how much of the work is software related - is it 60/40 hardware/software or more like 80/20? I'm interested in IT but I'd much prefer to get both hardware and software training, not just one or the other. From what I've heard, CTM seems to be a IT'ish but more specialized in CT specific gear ( aside from CTT gear CTT1 :P ).

Thanks!
- Dave
You won major points with me for that last bit haha

It will really depend on what NEC you go on to get and what job you're actually gonna be doing. Some guys chase wires, some guys manage servers, some do both. It'll all come down to what roles you'll fill in the fleet.

Shipboard IT's get some hands on with the transmitters and antennas, but those belong to the ETs. So it'll depend how much they wanna let you touch them haha

If you wanna do hardware anything, I would recommend CTM over IT. I disagree with your idea that CTMs are more "IT-ish" as they do significantly more hands-on work than an IT would.

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 09-10-2015 at 01:34 PM.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote