View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #6
brittag8

brittag8 is on a distinguished road

Hey! I am not and ABH but my boyfriend was and he's told me a lot about it and showed me videos. He was stationed on an aircraft carrier and went on deployment. You do not do any aircraft maintenance. You basically do whatever they tell you haha He had to paint, clean, and he had days where he was on the flight deck for hours and hours using binoculars to see the aircraft coming from a distance. He made sure the wheels and everything looked ok for it to land and told the guy next to him the aircrafts position for landing. He was a guy to make sure it landed safely and if he saw something wrong it wouldn't land. I believe ABHs are white shirts. The advancement is pretty good. But to be honest, as much as he thought his job was cool working with aircraft and all, he didn't like it due to all the other grunt work he had to do. At ports he was able to go and have fun lol That's all I can remember for now. I've been looking into AB rates myself, but if I think of anything else, I'll let ya know!
brittag8 is offline   Reply With Quote