View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamchriswest View Post
Hey man when or how do you volunteer for aircrew? I'm enlisted as an AV in dep. Is this the time to do it? I heard I'll be in a P8a or P3c if I go through everything and I will be required to expand my contract for 6 years which is not much of a problem.
Unfortunately, you cannot volunteer for Aircrew as an AE/AT anymore... that ended Oct. 1st 2008 when all Aircrew duties were consolidated into the AW rating. If you want to be Aircrew, you'll need to have your recruiter submit a DAR to switch your rating from AV to either AIRC (Fixed-wing/MH-53E) or AIRR (Rescue Swimmer). Your other option will be to enlist AV, and then try to cross-rate once you hit PO2 (You can try after 2 years, but nobody is coming back here below PO2 currently).

AWOs are currently going P-3C and P-8A... you can still be on a helo if you go AWS... that'll put you on the MH-53E Sea Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future A Dubbz View Post
I've enlisted as an AW in dep and looking to go AWO when I go through Naccs and A school. I was wondering what my options for duty stations might be after i get through the schooling pipeline. Couldn't really find any info on that anywhere besides where Naccs and A school is.
Currently, it's NAS Whidbey Island, WA... NAS Jacksonville, FL... and MCAS Kaneohe Bay, HI for P-3C Orions... and NAS Jacksonville for P-8A Poseidons. At the moment, the only operational P-8 squadron is VP-5 out of JAX, with VP-45 beginning acquisition soon. MCAS Kaneohe Bay is also being shut down (For the Navy), so all P-3 squadrons are being moved to Whidbey.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote