View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #26
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonmonsoon182 View Post
I assume you're an EM because of your avatar, was that your first choice? How long did you wait to class up for A School after Boot Camp, and how long after A School did you wait to class up for Nuke School? Any advice at all about the pipeline thus far, aside from the obvious "work hard, don't do stupid things," etcetera?
I selected ET, EM, MM. I got EM.. was disappointed at the time. I know now it was the best thing for me. I was one of only two EM's in my bootcamp division. out of 20 nukes.. which is a lot and you shouldn't see that many, but my division was all male so we had more of a concentration. I got to NNPTC Thanksgiving Day, so I did not until January. Just easier to hold us through the holiday stand downs. I finish A School in June. I'll be starting Power School after Labor Day, (some rumors are floating around that we may get held longer..)

As far as advice; review often. I wish I took this advice. Take one hour on a Saturday morning to keep looking at the old subjects. Don't trust anyone, as Nukes we are programmed to be overly honest at all times. On a lot of bases and in many aspects of life shipmates look out for each other and watch their backs.. On this base everyone wants to step on the next guy.. You'll see stories of classmates offering underage sailors alcohol, and when they accept they'll immediately notify the Chain of Command. Just get a good group of friends and do healthy things. Stay away from anything that feels like drama.

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote