View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 AM   #12
FutureSailorBro

FutureSailorBro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlellis88 View Post
I'm an AV waiting to ship 17NOV2014. I do have a DAR in to leave earlier.
Hey Fellow Future Sailor!

I'm Future Sailor Brown (brown was already taken, which is why I'm stuck with BRO XD) and I leave for RTC on the 19th, so there's a great chance we'll be paired together or at the very least we will be going through boot camp together. I look forward to working with you and earning our Sea Legs in the years to come, especially considering we'll both be stationed at Pennsecola for A School.

@Temen: Thank you so much for making this thread. As you've noted, it's hard to find people who are AV'S to become AE'S/AT'S and I have had little to no luck in finding threads specifically taking on questions like this format.

I haven't gotten to the bottom of the page, so I apologize for asking what you may have already answered, but I do have some questions that have been weighing on my mind.

1) I was under the impression that Aviation Electronics Mate's were the ones who did the trouble shooting, but you mentioned that that's the AT'S mostly. I was hoping to do trouble shooting and work on the software systems mainly for the experience, because i'm interested in the science behind these professions, so my first question is where is that dividing line between AT and AE?

2) My second question is: what is an average day for you like? Pretty straightforward, just interested in what to look forward to and watch out for.

3) Third (a two part question), what are some studying tips that you wish you knew or that you utilized for A-School? I can imagine these rates being very academic oriented as your attention to detail will directly impact the safety of more than one life and I can only assume there's a plethora of information to be learned. As someone with little to no technical knowledge, how can/will I retain all of the information needed to do my job correctly?

4) Lastly, what are some things you wish you'd have known earlier (either before shipping off to boot, or during A-School) that you know now?

Thank you in advance!
FutureSailorBro is offline   Reply With Quote