Thread: Life on a ship
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Nasant

Nasant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
For those of you that are already in that pipeline and in training now..come back in a few years and tell me again how great it is....for some it will be, for others not so.
But, respectfully, you could argue that point about any job in the Navy. I know people from just about every rate that have either loved or hated their jobs. I know Yeoman that can't stand the sight of paperwork and many aviation rates that are very jaded because of what they've experienced on a flight deck. There are pro's and con's to all jobs in the Military, that's a given.

You seem a bit biased because your son was an MM (understandable as MM is the most hands-on and physically demanding of the nuclear field rates), just try not to make too many statements based off of the fact that your son may have had a poor experience while he was serving. (I'm only assuming, as he finished his enlistment as a second class when the majority of nukes reach first class / close to chief in that amount of time)

I maintain (as does any instructor at NNPTC) that if you can qualify for nuke, you can succeed as a nuke. It all relies on your motivation -- And for some people that motivation is the money, and they are all the more successful for that.

Thanks.

Boot Camp
10DEC2013-07FEB2014 - Division 085 - Hall of Fame
Nasant is offline   Reply With Quote