View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd91 View Post
No problem certainly appreciate the response. Are washer dryers included?
Well, for 30 extra dollars a month, they can be. The ones I am renting from the contractors is pretty alright, and they don't suck. They are a lot better than the ones the single nukes on base have to use. Rofl.

Quote:
How was it when you first arrived to Charleston?
Pretty nice. Though, a funny story which I would not suggest you ever do. I had got to the airport when I left RTC since I was held back for 5 weeks after graduation, so I got to fly by myself. When I arrived, I called the Quarterdeck to come get me, but I was stuck at the airport 2 hours after I called. Thankfully, a MM3 noticed me and asked If I needed a ride back to NNPTC. I happily said yes. I got a small chewing out by a PO1, but after speaking with me, he understood why I did it. It was not below freezing, or covered in snow like RTC was when I left, so I enjoyed Charleston quite a bit when I got there. I could go in detail if you like, but no one was rude or abrasive when I got here fully.

Quote:
Were you given any house hunting leave, if so for how long and how soon after your arrival?
I did not house hunt for long. I wanted something close to base, and I cared less about making a profit on BAH (They take every penny of BAH living in on-base housing). I didn't get a chance to look in the house prior to moving in it, and that may have been foolish on my part at the time, but I really like the house I am staying in now. Basically, I got here, signed a contract for a house, and after being on Rollback for a week (cleaning duties), I was authorized 10 days free leave to get my stuff from AZ and bring it to SC. The amount of leave you get depends on how far away you live +3 days. I think it is a day every 350 miles.

Quote:
What rate did you end up with, are you happy with it?
Yes! Oh yes! I love my rate! I picked ET since it is the one that allows you to qualify as a Reactor Operator, and I can replace circuit boards and troubleshoot equipment. It is also known as the one that has a lot of perks going on for it outside the military as well, since many in this rate 6 and out. But I want to stay in the Navy for 20 if possible. (Also, I picked this rate since it matches my initials, but that is besides the point, rofl)

If you have any other questions, I have free time.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote