Thread: Not fit for RTC
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Kgard12

Kgard12 will become famous soon enough

I will say that I went in 100% physically unprepared for bootcamp. My first 1.5 mile lap time on the initial PFA was about 18:00 - it was bad. But the Navy plans for that. If you are strong willed, and not a quitter - then you can definitely make it. They have a whole PT matrix prepared and it works. By the time I graduated I did my 1.5 in 13:15 (needed 13:30 to pass) - and got 70-ish sit-ups and 50 pushups. My numbers on those in the beginning were pretty bad, too. I remember about a week before the final PFA they said I was talking while we were doing an inspection practice and gave me a solo, middle of the compartment, spot ITE. To this day I believe they did it because they knew I needed another push to get ready for the PFA. And when the final PFA run came, your RDC's come out there and run too to motivate you (you're not really allowed to motivate eachother) - there were 3 of us in the division who were the only ones that like were on the edge of passing, including me. They ran with us specifically the whole run. I would probably be in FIT if it wasn't for them.

Just never give up. That will work wonders. And go hard when they PT you, they WILL motivate you, but you have to motivate yourself too.
Kgard12 is offline   Reply With Quote