View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #21
CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie
**Active Duty**

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to beholdCTR3(IW/SG) Freddie is a splendid one to behold

I was in an accident during my dep. Chipped my spine and gave me a concussion. Was in bed for weeks. I healed up just fine and went and got my screening from my doctor and asked her if she thought this would be a problem for my navy career. She said no. So I asked her to annotate that in her computer and have her print it out so I could bring it to my recruiters. They didn't want to deal with the paperwork. So the Navy didn't know about it. Got to the moment of truth and got guilt tripped into it. I thought I was going home.

But what they did was give me the option to file a report. They send you to medical and get out on LLD till you can have an appointment with an actual doctor. Which doesn't really matter anyways if you are LLD. No one does any physical activity during the first week. I went to my appointment a couple days later. And the doctor pulled up the exact document I had my doctor back home fill out. So yes they have access to your stuff. Do they look at every recruit that passes through. Probably not.

But after the doctor saw the note my previous doctor wrote down, he cleared me and put me back on for for full duty and sent me back to my division. Haven't heard anything of it since. I'm glad I did it. I have had screenings where they brought up stuff I truly didn't know about. Wasn't a big deal but if they saw something that was recent that I didn't release. I could have gotten in trouble.

So have some integrity and do the right thing.