View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 12:09 AM   #9
YN2(AW)Williams
**ActiveDuty**

YN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnersate1995 View Post
Was PT as strenuous as the rest of the divisions had it? I'm also focused on getting as much PT as I can!
I was in division 949, also a triple threat. The PT can range from significantly less to double what other divisions do, but for sure you probably are not going to get IT nearly as much as the other divisions. Performers that were in an organized performing group like marching band seem to have a much easier time adjusting to the idea of doing what is asked and not asking questions. This leads to significantly less IT.

However, you do still have to meet the same fitness requirements and academic requirements with less time available for either. In our case we were not only a 900 so we lost time to practice, but we our entire training group was ALSO a compressed schedule, so we lost even more time to that. To make up for it our RDCs hit the ground running with PT. We did a 5 minute sustained run the first day, then the next time we went to run was bumped up to 10 minutes, then 15 the next time, then 20 every time after that. This was basically 2-3 sessions ahead of schedule. As far as our in-compartment PT, they pretty much doubled whatever the book said to do that day.

It sucked, but if you push through it and keep trying you will be golden come time for the PFA. I went to boot camp unable to do enough pushups or situps in the time limit to even pass, and was 2 minutes 30 seconds over on my max time for the run. By the end of boot camp I had gotten comfortably in the "good" range.
YN2(AW)Williams is offline   Reply With Quote