View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #6
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

I went through dive prep about 2 years ago. You will tread while holding a 25 lb weight against your chest, we never did it without fins. The first time you are in lines of about 5 people and take turns treading for a minute, then rotate to end of line where you continue to tread without weight, you do this for at least 5 rotations. The next time it's gets longer and longer but using the same format. This is usually done at the end of a workout so you are not fresh but it's doable. I don't remember many, if any, days where we did 1000 push ups or 3000 lunges, you aren't going to BUD/s. You will work out hard, and it's meant to be that way. You will lose a lot of your class, it's meant to be that way. We started with 24, 8 made it to dive school, and all 8 passed dive school. Dive prep is meant to weed out more people than dive school. It's hard and its meant to be that way. If something happens and you don't pass an evolution getting dropped or rolled back, in my experience, changes often. I have seen someone dropped and someone else rolled back for the same reason, I don't know the method behind the madness. Give it your all and good luck.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote