View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #338
tasteytots

tasteytots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
CT's go through the exact same NACCS you do; there's no difference training wise. Fleet returnees won't sit through the waiting periods to class up nearly as much as you guys will though. It costs a whole hell of a lot more to send a PO2/PO1 down there, pay them BAH, Per Diem, etc, etc; versus you guys who cost them significantly less. So they want to get those Fleet returnees in-and-out as fast as possible.

If you keep coming back to AIRC then just do it. There really isn't a bad job in Aircrew IMO. If you end up going P-8, enjoy it. THOSE THINGS ARE CUSH AS HELL! Actual bathrooms, nice chairs, new displays, the works. They're luxury compared to P-8's haha

On the class leadership front, when I was there last year they usually picked a lot of the BUD/S Duds (guys who dropped from BUD/S and re-rated) since they have a little more time in than most of you guys do. If you have a Petty Officer in your class it'll be hit or miss on if they pick them. Petty Officers already have leadership experience from the Fleet, so it's better to get you junior guys in a leadership role in a training environment to help you develop.
**Note: That doesn't mean you suddenly outrank said Petty Officers. Don't be that guy that forgets that because you will be loudly and publically corrected in a hurry. Only saying that since some guys don't figure that out**

/r
CTT1
Would be awesome to end up on a P-8, actual bathrooms for the win! Though the little kid in me wants to poke my head out the side of the helo and/ or the back of the fixed wing, while we are flying lol, I am sure there will be times to goof off. I know some one in CT but didn't know they could end up on fixed wings with us. As a CTT. obviously unsure of what that is, but what do you do if you don't mind me asking?

People that are BUD/S Duds aren't usually coming to NACCS as petty officers right? So I am guessing the Petty Officers coming through NACCS are usually some sort of CT that has been in for 8-12 years? If so will be nice having those people around with that type of experience being in the Navy for so long!!! Will the CT go through the whole training that we go through SERE school etc, after NACCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
**Note: That doesn't mean you suddenly outrank said Petty Officers. Don't be that guy that forgets that because you will be loudly and publically corrected in a hurry. Only saying that since some guys don't figure that out**
Understandable, and a good reminder. I am hoping that being at my age, and the positions I have held as a civilian will work to my advantage in a lot of situations.

I appreciate you taking the time to answering all my questions!
tasteytots is offline   Reply With Quote