View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #337
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteytots View Post
That is cool I didn't know CT's actually are a part of NACCS, when do they usually leave or come to NACCS? AIRR is something that interests me, but talking to people and thinking about things I always seem to come back to AIRC. I have good PST scores. My ship date for AIRC is on the 23rd and do not want to wait any longer then I have too!!! I am pumped to go next week lol!
CT's go through the exact same NACCS you do; there's no difference training wise. Fleet returnees won't sit through the waiting periods to class up nearly as much as you guys will though. It costs a whole hell of a lot more to send a PO2/PO1 down there, pay them BAH, Per Diem, etc, etc; versus you guys who cost them significantly less. So they want to get those Fleet returnees in-and-out as fast as possible.

If you keep coming back to AIRC then just do it. There really isn't a bad job in Aircrew IMO. If you end up going P-8, enjoy it. THOSE THINGS ARE CUSH AS HELL! Actual bathrooms, nice chairs, new displays, the works. They're luxury compared to most P-3's haha

On the class leadership front, when I was there last year they usually picked a lot of the BUD/S Duds (guys who dropped from BUD/S and re-rated) since they have a little more time in than most of you guys do. If you have a Petty Officer in your class it'll be hit or miss on if they pick them. Petty Officers already have leadership experience from the Fleet, so it's better to get you junior guys in a leadership role in a training environment to help you develop.
**Note: That doesn't mean you suddenly outrank said Petty Officers. Don't be that guy that forgets that because you will be loudly and publically corrected in a hurry. Only saying that since some guys don't figure that out**

/r
CTT1

Last edited by FlyNavy; 09-26-2016 at 06:05 AM.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote