View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #336
tasteytots

tasteytots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Personally, I never saw them move someone from AIRC to AIRR while I was at NACCS, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'm not aware of any instruction that doesn't allow it, although not saying one doesn't exist.

CT's don't stay very long at all at NACCS compared to the straight out of boot camp guys (the huge majority of CT aircrew are fleet returnees, not new sailors), so maybe Hassino could add some on that one since he was there longer than I was.

If AIRR is something you want to do though, I would highly recommend you go in as such (ship as one I mean). RSS is physical but it's doable; it's not BUD/S. If your PST scores are good and you feel very comfortable in the water and swimming a lot, I would consider it.

/r
CTT1
That is cool I didn't know CT's actually are a part of NACCS, when do they usually leave or come to NACCS? AIRR is something that interests me, but talking to people and thinking about things I always seem to come back to AIRC. I have good PST scores. My ship date for AIRC is on the 23rd and do not want to wait any longer then I have too!!! I am pumped to go next week lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
Hey I am at NACCS right now, I graduate on the 18th. AWS for the dry guys isn't given out very often, but it depends on your timing. The last few classes AWS was given out to a few guys because a AWS A-school class starts on the 15th. If there are available slots for AWS you will know before disney week, but make it known that you are interested in AWS. If there are slots, your instructors will pick between the people in your class who want AWS, they tend to preference to the best of your class (Class Leader, assistant, and cadence caller). If you are going dry AWS you will be on 53s and you will be stationed in Norfolk from what they have told us. Hope this helped, let me know if you have anymore questions.

That is awesome man, congrats for graduating soon!!! While in NACCS, how do you get put into the Class leader, Assistant, and Cadence Caller roles? I am older age wise, I know they technically won't treat me any different but maybe I will have that advantage over some of the younger ones going through NACCS? As awesome as it would be to be placed onto a helo, not going to be the end of the world if I don't. Specially since AW has so many amazing options to go down!

What have you got placed into rating wise within AW?

Any information on the base in Norfolk?
tasteytots is offline   Reply With Quote