View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #335
austin_andres

austin_andres is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteytots View Post
I have lurked a couple times previously on this forum page to better inform myself about AIRC. I am currently shipping out to RTC on the 23rd and can not wait to get started.

It is nice to see that a lot of people are willing to jump on the ball and share as much information as they can to us new people entering the Navy and AIRC program.

With that said, I have seen that AIRC as AWS can go into Helos but seem to be going to the MH-53 like I have seen Haasino mention in previous comments. Though can an AIRC/AWS get placed on to a MH-60 or some other sort of helo? I spent some time at the airshow, speaking with a few Marine Aircrew and they shared that if I wanted to end up trying to get onto a helo/ rotary wing that I should let them know at some point in time at NACCS? I know things are at the needs of the navy, and with the switching to P-8s I hear most new AIRC are going AWO.

Completing NACCS and to be able to receive a rating within AW would be amazing no matter what it is given to me. Being apart of the aviation community with the Navy is what I have wanted since I can remember.
Hey I am at NACCS right now, I graduate on the 18th. AWS for the dry guys isn't given out very often, but it depends on your timing. The last few classes AWS was given out to a few guys because a AWS A-school class starts on the 15th. If there are available slots for AWS you will know before disney week, but make it known that you are interested in AWS. If there are slots, your instructors will pick between the people in your class who want AWS, they tend to preference to the best of your class (Class Leader, assistant, and cadence caller). If you are going dry AWS you will be on 53s and you will be stationed in Norfolk from what they have told us. Hope this helped, let me know if you have anymore questions.
austin_andres is offline   Reply With Quote