View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #329
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
I start candidate school tomorrow. But over half my class will be on security hold after completion of candidate school, does anyone have any information on security holds?
Most training schools after NACCS require a Secret security clearance or higher, so people who's clearances haven't cleared yet are usually held at NACCS. It's a better deal, in my opinion... when I was at NACCS, you didn't need a liberty buddy and were treated like more of an adult than the NATTC side of base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cechols2010 View Post
Im an e-1 in a-pact who leaves for rtc next week I want to become aircrew is this possible im eligible for advanement to e-2 in rtc and if so how do I go about becoming aircrew Ill take any rating in aircrew
So... this is not the answer you're going to want to hear, but I believe it's better to hear the truth even when it's bad news. Your chances of going Aircrew is very, very slim right now. Contrary to what some of the outdated job sheets show, you cannot volunteer for Aircrew duties from a non AW[x] rating... the notable exception being for CT types like CTT1 Griffin (Though that's closing with the sunset of Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron One) and CS' on Air Force One.

You can study the Enlisted Community Managers page for more info... the short version is that AWO is closed to anyone but other Aircrew rates like AWF and AWV converting in... AWF is only open to E-5's in aviation maintenance rating for the E-6B Mercury and C-2 Greyhound... and AWV is not open for convert-in opportunities at all. The only possible option would be to go into the Naval Special Warfare program and try to Rescue Swimmer on the MH-60R or MH-60S helo's.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote