View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #315
austin_andres

austin_andres is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByrgeB View Post
Whoa whoa, I went to meps the 8th of march, swore in the 9th, got accepted into the Aircrewman program and was offered FTS (They informed it was one of the best programs too get into..fts that is...stupid fast advancement/etc)

I dont ship till sept 28th, howd u get in after me and get shipped out in may @Austin_andres

and one more question, Haasino, what do you mean FTS doesnt get too pick AWO.. I was informed ill get too choose from AWO. AWF. AWV even while FTS...

Is this not true? Theyve lied too me multiple times, saying family will go to move with me too schooling in pensacola ( im 26, married, and 2 kids) come too find out they wont.. and multuple more reasons.

HELP.
I am currently 18, and when I went to MEPS (April 3rd, in buffalo) I qualified for almost everything, when I went to select my job the guy there threw down a rating for something in intel, I agreed that it sounded like an awesome job but I asked him if AIRC was open and he looked it up. He said there were two job slots open (May 6th May 18th) I am currently in college and my last final is on May 6th, so he gave me May 18th. I don't know much about the proccess, my recruiter had told me previously that i would be luckly to ship by october so i was surprised when he informed me I ship in May! This is complete speculation, but I was informed by my uncle (retired colonel in the Air Force) that because my asvab was high, I was a "CAT 1" recruit, meaning that they would ship me faster. Like i said, speculation. I'm sorry that it worked out that you don't ship until september.. But good luck to you man! I was also looking at FTS, it is a good gig, from what i was told you get stationed somewhere and you don't leave except deployments, which would be awesome since you have a family. I just think that AWO looks super bad ass and exactly what I want, I also have a family member in that field and he loves it, so I wanted to have the oppurtunity to try to get AWO, but honestly man, from what I have read, and if we make passed all the tough schools, anything in AIRC seems awesome, I feel pretty lucky that I have a chance to join this community.
austin_andres is offline   Reply With Quote