View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #307
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
Thank you! For my rating inside of Aircrew, I would like to be a AWO or AWF (flight engineer side). So my other question would be what would I have to do to accomplish this and when does this selection take place?
Selection happens as you're about to graduate.

Nothing you do really will have much impact, as the LPO of the school is just given a number quota for each job to fill and 9 times out of 10 he just fills it up and lets you know where he put you.

Occasionally he'll let the top few people in the class get a pick, but I've personally seen it go both ways. So don't let people tell you that you're 100% going to get a pick because there is a very legitimate chance they just hand you a rate as well. (again, seen both happen while I was there)

AWF's on the FE side of the house are also losing a lot of positions as the Navy decommissions the P-3 and moves to the P-8. They're moving those guys into C-2 or E-6 platforms, but the opportunity is going to be a lot less than it used to be seeing as they have to do something with all the guys they already have now.

AWO is pretty common though (90% of my class ended up there) and they will still be in use with the new P-8 platform.

/r
CTT1