View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 12:53 AM   #302
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
Hello, I'm currently in the process of joining the navy and I would like to be an AWO Aircrewman. Due to some circumstances I would have a choice of shipping soon and going in as FTS or waiting a long time and going AD. Would i be able to go FTS AWO? Which is a better lifestyle, AD or FTS? I go to meps on Monday so any additional information would be much appreciated.
The only FTS Aircrew orders are AWF Loadmasters and Flight Attendants on C-130's, C-40's, and C-12's... AWO is only initially available for AD, however you can transition to SelRes after your first enlistment if there's available orders in either of the two reserve maritime patrol squadrons.

My advice if you want AWO is to stick it out for the AD slot and use the time to physically prepare yourself for Aircrew Candidate School.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote