View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 AM   #185
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGuard07 View Post
I have a buddy of mine in my class that is really interested in the TIO but he is a reservists. Would he be able to, after a few years, be able to apply straight to TIO and then go active duty? Or would he need to make the switch to active and then do a few years before he can start the application process? We are just curious because usually active duty would have to do a tour first from my understanding.
There is a reserve TIO unit, but they're only taking prior active guys who already have the NEC. So he wouldn't be able to get into it straight through the reserves. They want the guys they take to be seasoned and have some operations under their belt, and as a reservist, you just aren't going to be able to get that kind of expierance.

If TIO is something he really has his heart set on, then he would need to go active duty first, do a full tour as a CT, and then he could apply.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote