View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #181
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon7310 View Post
I Just finished with MEPS and picked CTT with a 6 year contract, I was wondering how long I can expect school to be? i have been trying to read up online... but I get mostly mixed answers so any help would be greatly appreciated

My second question would be would i spend most of my time on a ship or am i able to get just as much shore time?

i ship on 20150601 to RTC.
So as a 6 year you're going to be a technician (vs being an operator). Don't read into that too much; that just means you're in school longer to be trained on repairing the equipment. You still get to operate just as much as the rest of us.

Expect about a year and some change of time in Pensacola.

You'll definitely be on a ship your first tour. The average working day in port (when you're not on duty) is about 0700-1600. Underway, your work day will be 0700-1600 plus whatever hours you're standing watch. So you'll get plenty of time ashore, don't worry.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote