View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #173
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtinez View Post
Ah! Thank you so much!! Another question, cause I'm just full of them lol

I'm going in E-3, with guaranteed E-4 after 6 months, or A-school completion, whichever comes first. I will definitely be in A-school a while, so, providing everything goes well, I'll get E-4 6 months out of boot. Since I'll still have almost a year of A-school left, is it possible to advance more before finishing? I'm not entirely sure what the minimum time in is for CTI's for each rank...
You're not gonna pass PO3 in A-school. This used to be a thing back when I was coming up, but it was such a bad thing for someone to be a 2nd Class with ZERO experience in the Navy that they just stopped allowing it. Since DLI is separate from Corry though, things could be different though but I wouldn't bank on it. Honestly coming into the fleet as a 2nd class with no actual time in would be a HUGE detriment to your career since you'll basically have no idea what you're doing and as a 2nd Class you'll be expected to be in charge of quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtinez View Post
And my (potentially) last for tonight, someone mentioned earlier different bonuses for completion of different languages. You can sign a bonus at MEPS just for picking CTI (promised upon completion of DLI) so is this saying that, depending on your language, there may be additional bonuses offered? I wish I could go back and quote it, but my phone isn't currently cooperating as well with this site as I'd like it to. Thank you so much!!c
You should have whatever bonus you're going to get written into your contract. Learn this early: If it's not in writing then it doesn't exist.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote