View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #171
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtinez View Post
General questions..dont want to violate any rules here, but apologies if I do. I signed CTI, ship in a few months.

1. We pick our languages in bootcamp, correct? And I'm assuming this is on a score-type basis (ie if 3 people scored over 110, the highest scoring person gets to pick their language first) but I could be wrong. Does anyone know exactly how that process will work? I'm just hoping to get the language I want.
Jzhaun would be the best person for this question.

2. I know most every other rating goes to their A-school, then picks orders based on how they rank in their classes. For CTI's, since you've already got your language, is there anything to select? Or do you go to whatever NIOC regardless of grades, just based on language.[/QUOTE] You'll get sent to whatever NIOC needs your language. I can't get into specifics, but I think you're already on the right track here.

3. And I know SERE is kind of an unspoken thing, but I've aways been beyond interested in aircrew and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or advice. Also, if you fail out or DOR of NACCS or SERE, I'm assuming you just go back to your NIOC and keep your rating?[/QUOTE] Talk to your instructors while you're in A-school as there might be billets open for it. I know quite a few female CTI Aircrewmen, so you definitely have a shot. You're correct that if you don't complete the Aircrew pipeline that you go back to a NIOC for your typical CTI duties.

4. I know sub duty isn't taking female volunteers right now, is anyone aware if aircrew is taking female volunteers? I've also read a lot about the military not sending females to less than friendly areas overseas, does that mean DIRSUP isn't an option? Sorry to bombard with questions...[/QUOTE] Like I said above, Aircrew is totally open to you. You'll be flying the same missions the males do, so there isn't a difference there. Part of the reason Aircrew is volunteer only is because it's a dangerous job. Flights get shot down, taken prisoner, ect. It's happened before and will most likely happen again at some point. The Navy doesn't care what's between your legs when you're sitting in that seat, only that you can do the job and that you want to be there.

If any of these were answered elsewhere, I genuinely apologize. I've just read this entire forum, so it is very likely I've turbo loaded my own brain lol

Thanks in advanced!![/QUOTE]

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote