View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #169
momtinez

momtinez is on a distinguished road

General questions..dont want to violate any rules here, but apologies if I do. I signed CTI, ship in a few months.

1. We pick our languages in bootcamp, correct? And I'm assuming this is on a score-type basis (ie if 3 people scored over 110, the highest scoring person gets to pick their language first) but I could be wrong. Does anyone know exactly how that process will work? I'm just hoping to get the language I want.

2. I know most every other rating goes to their A-school, then picks orders based on how they rank in their classes. For CTI's, since you've already got your language, is there anything to select? Or do you go to whatever NIOC regardless of grades, just based on language.

3. And I know SERE is kind of an unspoken thing, but I've aways been beyond interested in aircrew and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight or advice. Also, if you fail out or DOR of NACCS or SERE, I'm assuming you just go back to your NIOC and keep your rating?

4. I know sub duty isn't taking female volunteers right now, is anyone aware if aircrew is taking female volunteers? I've also read a lot about the military not sending females to less than friendly areas overseas, does that mean DIRSUP isn't an option? Sorry to bombard with questions...

If any of these were answered elsewhere, I genuinely apologize. I've just read this entire forum, so it is very likely I've turbo loaded my own brain lol

Thanks in advanced!!
momtinez is offline   Reply With Quote