View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #341
tasteytots

tasteytots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Signals intelligence. Intercepting enemy signals of interest, determining what they are, how they're being used, what their intent is, what it all means in the big picture, etc. That's the core of all CT's; find the technical intelligence, process it, and determine what it all means for us as a nation and as war fighters.

Aka we find, track, and help eliminate the bad guys. There isn't an operation out there that doesn't need us to find the bad guys, track them, find out what they're doing, and help eliminate them.

The BUDS guys won't be PO's, you're correct.
The CT's you'll meet could be pretty new, but expect around 5-10 years of service on average.

As intelligence folks, we actually go through more SERE training than you will. After the initial SERE we have several follow-on courses that you guys won't go to. Be happy about that because they weren't fun haha

Absolutely. Good on you for getting prepared ahead of time and I very much look forward to serving with you in the Fleet.

GET SOME!

/r
CTT1
I have been, told by a few people and recruiters that I seem to be the type that will enjoy and excel at SERE. It is definitely one of the parts I am most looking forward to. I can understand why you guys would have to go through some more SERE training then ourselves. Very intense I am assuming. " extreme camping" lol someone's post I read on this forum somewhere

Thank you, I have been all over the past couple months trying to gain all the knowledge that I can from who I can. I have had some good talks with a fellow redditor who is a instructor at an FRS school and this site has been amazing pool of knowledge!

I couldn't ask for more meeting the people who have passed knowledge on to me, yet possibly being able to serve by their side!!

I think I am in a good position going to RTC, hitting excellent line for the PFA in all categories for my age bracket. I obviously know my sailors creed and memorized all 11 general orders. Still haven't fully got down in detail how they want us to explain everyone's collar devices and patche etcs. But I do know how to recognize them and who is who!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
I won't know my rating until i graduate, also a lot of us are going to be put on hold because it is taking forever to get security clearances... I am hoping for AWO, but all of aircrew looks pretty awesome so whatever i get ill be happy with. To get a leadership role you just need to be proactive and volunteer and then not mess up at all throughout school, its not too hard. I don't have any information on Norfolk, I have family there and they love it, but I have heard that most people don't really like it.
Goodluck! Hopefully you will update us once you know!!! Any favorite parts so far of NACCS? Jeeez how long do security clearances take? I was thinking they would have those done before shipping, or do they not start them till later? I guess there are many factors that go into whether a person likes or dislikes a bass
tasteytots is offline   Reply With Quote