View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #339
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteytots View Post
Would be awesome to end up on a P-8, actual bathrooms for the win! Though the little kid in me wants to poke my head out the side of the helo and/ or the back of the fixed wing, while we are flying lol, I am sure there will be times to goof off. I know some one in CT but didn't know they could end up on fixed wings with us. As a CTT. obviously unsure of what that is, but what do you do if you don't mind me asking?
Signals intelligence. Intercepting enemy signals of interest, determining what they are, how they're being used, what their intent is, what it all means in the big picture, etc. That's the core of all CT's; find the technical intelligence, process it, and determine what it all means for us as a nation and as war fighters.

Aka we find, track, and help eliminate the bad guys. There isn't an operation out there that doesn't need us to find the bad guys, track them, find out what they're doing, and help eliminate them.

Quote:
People that are BUD/S Duds aren't usually coming to NACCS as petty officers right? So I am guessing the Petty Officers coming through NACCS are usually some sort of CT that has been in for 8-12 years? If so will be nice having those people around with that type of experience being in the Navy for so long!!! Will the CT go through the whole training that we go through SERE school etc, after NACCS?
The BUDS guys won't be PO's, you're correct.
The CT's you'll meet could be pretty new, but expect around 5-10 years of service on average.

As intelligence folks, we actually go through more SERE training than you will. After the initial SERE we have several follow-on courses that you guys won't go to. Be happy about that because they weren't fun haha

Quote:
I appreciate you taking the time to answering all my questions!
Absolutely. Good on you for getting prepared ahead of time and I very much look forward to serving with you in the Fleet.

GET SOME!

/r
CTT1