View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #333
tasteytots

tasteytots is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
AIRC guys won't be going on 60's. If that's what you want then AIRR is the route to go. The reason being is that MH-60 AWS's also function as rescue swimmers, which means you would need to go through RSS (rescue swimmer school), which puts you in that AIRR category.

It's fine if you want to give them a preference while you're there, but you're still going to get assigned per the needs of the Navy.

Basically, the LPO of the school house will get a list of how many spots of each rate that he needs to fill from each class. Now he may take student desires into account, or he may not. It also depends on what he's given; say maybe someone wants to go AWF but all he has are 20+ AWO quotas. In that situation, he wouldn't have a choice anyway even if he really wanted to give you something else. Make sense?
Thanks,

Definitely makes sense, I appreciate the answers. Have they moved people from AIRC to AIRR while they were at NACCS, or offered it if they felt the person had the ability to make it as an rescue swimmer? I know there is the PST for AIRR, I guess another situation based on the needs of the Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
That's the right attitude to have. Keep up the motivation and hopefully you'll get to come fly with Hassino and I!
Appreciate it, I will keep the drive and attitude! It would be an honor to fly with people like you two!!!
tasteytots is offline   Reply With Quote