View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #21
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
At the end of initial training I don't believe you have any actual certs. BUT once you end up at the command we're going to send you for all kinds of shit.

CTN's are some of the most highly trained people in the Navy and a lot of your skills transfer over to the civilian world. Personally I got trained for or obtained a CCNA, CEH, CPT, and a few other specific certs I can't talk about here during my time working cyber stuff (was working out of rate, but was the LPO of a CTN shop).

Don't stress about certs. You'll be more than trained to get whatever you want to get and will be some of the most sought after recruits in the industry should you choose to get out.

/r
CTT1
Great stuff, thank you.

Really excited about CTN, but like the other guy, I'm also going in Reseves so I'm a little nervous about getting the cert and ongoing tech training that AD might have the luxury of having.

I do have the benefit of living in northern Virginia just a stones throw from Andrews, NSA and all the other lovely places to ply the trade.

Do you think with the area I live in that will give me an added benefit? Plus I just finished my cyber masters last week. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row to make sure I'm as marketable as possible on both sides, military and civilian.

And sorta off topic: is there a thread to discuss life at A/C school for CTs? Day to day life, class, study time and just sightseeing (aka beach )
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote