View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADbait09 View Post
Im an AD and talked to an officer who said I could do rescue swimming as like a part time gig. How exactly does volunteering for aircrew work out. I didn't exactly want to give up my AD rate to contract as aircrew and miss out on any opportunities but I do want to do air rescue swimmer. any and all information is helpful.
You can no longer volunteer for Aircrew as an AD... that ended on October 1st, 2008. You must now be contracted with AIRC (Fixed-wing/MH-53) or AIRR (MH-60/Rescue Swimmer) in your contract from MEPS, to ultimately receive a rating of AWO, AWR, AWV, AWF, or AWS.

You can possibly volunteer for surface Rescue Swimmer duties, which would be a part-time tertiary duty while on a ship... but Aviation Rescue Swimmer is a skill held by full-time flyers in either the Naval Aircrewman (Tactical Helicopter) or Naval Aircrewman (Helicopter) ratings.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote