View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
NavyChristian

NavyChristian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesirae27 View Post
You are looking at the formula as a single phase equation. It's two phases. In order to get to take the NAPT the sum of your line scores VE+AR+MK+MC>235 or AR+MK+EI+GS>235 first. Then and only then do you get to consider VE+AR+MK+MC+NAPT=290 or AR+MK+EI+GS+NAPT=290.

I know your disappointment. I scored a 97% on the ASVAB and was exempt from having to take the NAPT. I can't get a top secret clearance so Nuke is a bridge too far to build. Similarly, I couldn't get close to any military intel. ratings which was by second choice.

If you want enough, have the patience and self discipline, you could let your ASVAB score expire. I believe it takes 2 years. In those two years, take some college courses to include trig, calculus and physics/chemistry. Mechanic knowledge mostly taught in vocational tech school indirectly.

Have you looked into NROTC?
I bought an ASVAB study book because I did not study the first time for the ASVAB, so hopefully I can raise my score high enough score to meet the requirements. Do you have any tips on how to raise your ASVAB score and how to prepare for the NAPT? Thank you for shedding some light on this
NavyChristian is offline   Reply With Quote