View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #39
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
From reading this it sounds like you think a detailer can get you a job outside the Navy? If so that would be incorrect, aside from maybe a reference (which you could get from anyone). If you want to look at job options for your civi job I would be talking to folks at your eventual command. You should have a rough idea of where you'll be ended up anyway, so if it were me I would be contacting them for a sponsor and then leveraging folks at the command for job tips. Most of the folks in your unit (NIOC) will most likely have come from the active duty side there anyway and a solid handful will very likely work there as civilians still. They should have a plethora of contacts for doing cleared work in the area.

Also as a reservist you're not going to be dealing with a detailer in the same way active duty folks will. So keep that in mind.

/r
CTT1
I wasn't expecting to a detailer to help me get a civilian job :D

I wanted to talk to one simply to get an understanding of what a Reserve CTN's early career path might look like or how to make myself more competitive for when I'm able to start applying for different roles (and how long that path might take). Of course I'm not naive enough to think "getting in" with a detailer is what I'm trying to do. I literally have not IT/military background so its entirely new for me so a couple nice contacts to chat with over coffee is all I'm looking for

I know I'll be at Andrews AFB but haven't met anyone in my Unit yet. My recruiter is supposed to try and connecting me with fellow CTN's so hopefully he keeps true to his word on that.

Interesting on the last sentence, can you elaborate why that might be different? Thanks!
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote