View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #35
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubbs View Post
So a lot of the issue as a reservist is that when you first come into your NOSC you're IAP (what that actually stands for evades me right now) But it essentially means you aren't attached to any billets. Meaning the NOSC you drill at is also your command. So if you're like me who initially got sent to a NOSC without any CTNs in it previously they have nothing for you to do. So you apply for billets in the CTN field and you hope you get picked up. Most CTN billets are for E4 and up and you can go on up and one down.

Once you get picked up in a CTN billet (if you get picked up) then you have a chance to do CTN things.

When you get to Corry all the CT reservists will get pulled out of indoc to have a meeting with a CTTCS he may be master chief by now that will tell you that if you aren't doing your job in the reserves to contact him.. He will give you his card. KEEP IT!!! I had to call him multiple times before my billet started sending me somewhere to actually be able to do my job !

CTN3 Harris
Interesting.

I know a guy that works at a 3 letter agency that knows the Detailer for all Navy CTN's. He is going to try and arrange a meeting/connection between himself and me so hopefully that works out and I can start doing some networking ahead of time. I don't like the sound of not having something lined up by the time I'm finished with A school.
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote