View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 06:32 AM   #23
hustini

hustini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresailorCTN View Post
I've been at a school for 2 months and still haven't seen Pensacola Beach.... Haha it's a lot of studying
Nice. We will probably be there at the same time.

So, I ship to basic Sept.14,16 then head to Corry Station for my 30 weeks of training for CTN. They offered me what I wanted right away (I signed and swore in yesterday), they didn't even ask if I had a plan B if it wasn't available. I was honest with them on the first day at MEPS but I had to come back the next day because I was waiting on a dependency waiver so they knew what I wanted and remembered me. I think I was the only one that processed that day that had that easy of a time. I scored really well on the ASVAB (92) so I don't think they were going to waste time asking me for anything else other than what I wanted. I also got a nice sign on bonus which was unexpected (looking at you, recruiter).

They tried to get me to leave in June but that was to soon, we are moving to a new house in 4 weeks and would have killed the fam if I shipped out in the middle of it. :D

Can't say how excited I am, aside from being proud to be a new Sailor but to get what I wanted with no tug of war was a great feeling. My wife with a CTI so we are a family of Cryptos :P
hustini is offline   Reply With Quote