View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:44 AM   #18
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustini View Post
Does anyone know what kind of certifications you can end up with by the time you finish A & C school for CTN? Or do those come later?

I was ready about that Navy COOL certification program which seems like a nice thing to have access to when in the Navy.

I figured I would continue discussion in this thread rather than making a new one or bumping an old one?
At the end of initial training I don't believe you have any actual certs. BUT once you end up at the command we're going to send you for all kinds of shit.

CTN's are some of the most highly trained people in the Navy and a lot of your skills transfer over to the civilian world. Personally I got trained for or obtained a CCNA, CEH, CPT, and a few other specific certs I can't talk about here during my time working cyber stuff (was working out of rate, but was the LPO of a CTN shop).

Don't stress about certs. You'll be more than trained to get whatever you want to get and will be some of the most sought after recruits in the industry should you choose to get out.

/r
CTT1