View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #26
ALJW2015

ALJW2015 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickblaine22 View Post
First of all, whoever said CTNs are Navy hackers...it is a big misrepresentation. CTNs don't hack anything. I know because I am a CTN2 (and also for those who don't think you can do it, I made 2nd class in less than 18 months). Seriously...stop saying that you hack because you don't. They teach you BASIC computer vulnerabilities and you do SOME exploiting but that is not what you will be doing. A very small percentage of CTNs actually become operators where they DO hack, and that is not even a CTN specific billet.

All I can say about your school in Corry is to take it seriously. Its intense but not impossible. I saw some really dumb people skate by and their reputations as dirt bags followed them to their commands. I also saw people who didn't even know how to turn on a computer pass who are good sailors (I am stationed with them now). That school is a golden opportunity for those of you who have signed on to be CTNs. You won't get training like that in any other job.

I understand the need for information and wanting to know all you can before you go, but your experience will be different from anyone else's. Just calm down and let it happen.

Also, don't count on anyone in Great Lakes knowing ANYTHING about what CTNs do. Sometimes your RDCs or your other instructors will have Q&A and I used to hate it that one or two idiots would ask about their rates. Don't even ask.
Can you clarify on where CTNs go after "A"/"C" School? I know there are 7 places but where are the best places to get stationed. I'm really interested in Maryland, DC, or Virginia.
ALJW2015 is offline   Reply With Quote