View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #9
jabONE
**Active Duty**

jabONE is on a distinguished road

I hope everything works out for you. If I were in your position I would take ET and pick up E-5 then try to convert over in a couple years. Cyber is growing and will be a huge part of the Navy's future. Sorry you have had to wait so long to get what you want with no luck. I actually am one of those E-3s converting over that your talking about. You know what they say, "Choose your rate, choose your fate." I came into the Navy 4 years ago wanting to be a Nuke but duse to politics I did not get it and I am thankful for that now. After getting denied Nuke, I wanted to be a CTN as my recruiter was a CTM and had talked to me about the CTN path. Well it was not available at MEPS and instead of pushing harder for it, I settled for HM. Fast forward 4 years later and I am an E-3 with no NJPs or any trouble at all for that matter and I have scored fairly well on my advancement exams. Because HM advancement is so tough, I have ended up missing E-4 by just a few points the last 4 cycles. I am fortunate enough that I got the opportunity to convert to something I have wanted to do for the last 4 years ago. Don't get me wrong, HM is a great rate with a very honorable history but it just isn't and never was for me. Sincerely though, this may be the opportunity you get at coming back into the Navy so I would jump on it and try a conversion later. I wish you the best of luck and maybe we will see each other out in the fleet sometime.

CTN2 Baron
jabONE is offline   Reply With Quote