View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozongu View Post
My friend told me if I volunteer for leadership position while in boot camp and do good then I will get promoted easily. I also have a friend who went from E-1 to E-3 in boot camp. My question is that if I'm already E-3 is it worth to do anything extra? I figured something like looking good on eval and such is likely.
I was an E-3 in boot camp and I got voluntold to be EPO. You will stand out if you know how to be responsible and follow directions, as well as carry yourself in a mature manner. The RDCs will see that, just how they did in me sadly. Then I was told to go to a yeoman brief alongside other recruits in my division in preparation for some divisional staff jobs. RDCs wanted me to be yeoman, but they forgot eventually lol, I never wanted to be YN anyway. Did I want a job? Hell no. But I had no choice, and EPO wasn't that bad. Besides, I had work experience that helped me babysit the division kids. You don't get evals and what not at boot camp. That comes later in your future command. My thoughts? Let the E-1s and E-nones get those jobs so they can be experienced and such or advance. My final RPOC (we went through 4 RPOCs) was an E-1. He passed his DEP exam AND first PFA (you must pass both to be promoted), so he got promoted to E2... then after boot camp, he got promoted again to E-3 from the RDCs because of his leadership. After boot camp, he got back paid too as an E-3 during his time in boot camp as an E-1.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote