View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:16 AM   #11
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naasher View Post
Are there any added benefits to going officer other than the status, because otherwise in the pipeline shown here it seems that it will pay to stay enlisted because from what I can tell as an ETNSS you are looking to make over $50,000 a year every year after the 3rd year in which that year alone you will pull in close to $90,000, and then after year 10 forget it the money is bonkers!
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...20Roadshow.pdf

So is there any pay over your standard officer pay going officer or will you essentially take a pay cut for a while?
No idea about the pay but there is the wardroom which serves fewer so the food is probably better than standard galley fair. Officer quarters are a lot roomier, there's more privacy. Plus you'll never work again for your entire navy career, I mean look at Guppy the navy pays her to surf the web. (I swear I'm joking here).

My eventual plan is to move to Canada but if I like the navy enough I might stay in the U.S. so I'm planning on guiding my career to build an outstanding LDO packet. I've already been won over by the Officer benefits.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote