Thread: Life on a ship
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasant View Post
You seem a bit biased because your son was an MM (understandable as MM is the most hands-on and physically demanding of the nuclear field rates), just try not to make too many statements based off of the fact that your son may have had a poor experience while he was serving. (I'm only assuming, as he finished his enlistment as a second class when the majority of nukes reach first class / close to chief in that amount of time)
Thanks.
My son and his friend were nukes..they went the buddy program...my son loved his job and excelled at it greatly..and does mostly the same thing now in the civilian world...it wasnt his job so to speak...but the many things that happen later and while on deployments. His evals were almost all 5's on each one...I still have them...always in the written part, "Must Promote" and recommend STA-21...much of the other crap started after the change of command while on deployment...your command can make or break a person.

Along with my son and his friend from high school being nukes...so is another families 3 sons all nukes..their mom is one of my friends and is a teacher here at our school...so I have a very good insight to the nuke pipeline. Of those 3 young men, 2 hated it, 1 loved it and is still in the navy. Plus my cousin was a nuke on a sub.
You will find on this site we do not and will not sugar coat anything, give you all the bad as well as the good points...like I said, it takes a very special type of person to handle being a nuke in the navy for long.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote