Thread: Life on a ship
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
Diesirae27

Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzack View Post
The recruiters are pushing/leaning my son towards nuke do to his scores.. Me being a mother and very concerned with other things that may not be brought up ahead of time to dissuade from taking the position. I have heard that they are pretty much alienated from the rest of the crew and on the small confines of a sub I worry stress and close confines being new to the whole deployment thing... or am i just be an overwrought overbearing mother.. if you can help settle my nerves in any way it would be greatly appreciated... BTW he hasn't picked his job yet so the field is wide open... he scored really well so they say he can have his pick... i swear i think it would be less stressful if he had less choices... thanks in advance for any help/ advice you can offer.
I think you should encourage your son to go Nuke. It's one of the best career paths the Navy has to offer. Whether your son will be alienated from the rest of the crew will depend entirely on how social he is. He will naturally fall into a brotherhood with his Nuke buddies at the very least.
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote