View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #88
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego View Post
Much appreciated. Guess there's nothing I can do regarding the flight physical. It will be what it will be. Lol That's funny. I wouldn't mind being on hold at any point I'll still be getting paid! Haha. Although I'm sure sitting and waiting on the outcome for waivers can be a constant buzzkill. But dang, I spent my high school years in Hawai'i; kind of a bummer it may not be an option by the time I get orders. I don't ship till May of 2015 and by the time I would complete the pipeline I'm sure everyone will already be in Whidbey. I'd much rather be an aircrewman than black shoe Navy just to get Hawai'i though. I guess if I can't make the flight physical there's always that option haha. But are only AWS/AWR stationed in San Diego? I won't ship for 8 months so maybe somewhere down the line while I'm in DEP I could volunteer for the challenge contract for AIRR. If not, just curious if other AW can be stationed in SD? Honestly, I don't mind not being in SD but I also wouldn't mind being able to surf while home lol.
No prob! Yeah, the flight physical is just one of those things that you can't control... so no point in worrying about it. Hawaii is scheduled to start moving in 2017... but everything gets delayed when it comes to Navy planning. And as far as fixed-wing AW's in San Diego... there are Reserve AWF's in VR-57, and active duty AWF's in VRC-30. However, AWF's are going through a rough time right now as their billets are steadily cut and the rate ultimately disestablished... so advancement for active duty is near zero. I would advise taking a change of scenery over bucking for AWF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Hi Hassino,

I've seen you alot on here. I'm mom to NavyPrincess.. Anyways now it's my son's turn to dep in an is interested in Aircrewman. From reading over this, there's an additional schooling between rtc and A school that is more physically demanding than rtc? I want to make sure my kid is ready.

Thank you for your service and information
Yes, he'll be going through Naval Aircrew Candidate School (NACCS), which is a candidacy school involving more strenuous PT than what other non Naval Special Warfare ratings have to go through... it's mostly running and stress-sets, with water survival tests that require you to be comfortable in the water. It's perfectly doable as long as your son gets some experience in the pool and shows up in shape and able to pass a PRT well above his minimum requirements.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote